Top Institutes Accepting NMAT ScoresAnisha Mukhija
Top Institutes Accepting NMAT Scores
NMAT stands for Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test. This is an entrance exam to get admission into the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management. The exam was acquired by Graduate Admission Council in 2015 and hence the NMAT is renamed by The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a computer-generated test by GMAC. It is an important national level entrance test for MBA leading to MBA admissions in top MBA colleges.NMAT score is used by more than 30 MBA colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score for MBA admission. Scheduled in a 75 days test window, the next NMAT exam 2020 will be held from October 4 to December 17, 2020. More than 30 MBA Colleges including NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai, ISB Hyderabad, ICFAI Business School, VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar (for selected MBA programs) will accept NMAT 2020 scores for MBA admission 2021. Being an independent and reputed exam, NMAT exam scores are accepted by MBA colleges that include University affiliated MBA colleges like NMIMS, ICFAI, Jindal Global University, and Specialized Programs offered by well known private B-schools like SPJIMR and TAPMI, and some autonomous MBA colleges like SOIL Gurgaon.
The sections that are in this exam:
Use of Antonyms, Synonyms, Idioms
Corrections of grammatical errors
Fill in the blanks
Usage of Parts of speech, Tenses, Conditional
Reading Comprehension Passages
Syntax of Vocabulary Usages
Sentence Correction and usage
2.Quantitative skills and Data interpretation
Permutations and Combinations
Mixture & Solution/ Allegations
- Critical Reasoning
- Course of Action
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Tree
NMAT Registration and Payment
- Create an account on nmat.org using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational, and work experience, the list of programs/schools to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Schools Preference” section. Up to 5 programs/schools are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each program/school added in excess of 5 programs/schools.
- You must upload a photograph that bears a likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
Top Institutes accepting NMAT Scores are
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Hyderabad
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Shirpur
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT University
- Amity University
- Thapar School of Management
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- SRM University
- BML Munjal University
- Mody University
- Ansal University
- Shoolini University
- Institute of Management, JK University, Jaipur
- Chitkara University
Also read: NMAT exam difficulty level
About NMAT Exam:
- Candidates have the opportunity to choose 5 college/institute while filling the application form to send their NMAT scores.
- NMAT Exam Pattern consists of 120 multiple choice questions to be attempted in 2 hours. A limited amount of time will be allotted for attempting each section.
- The question paper will comprise questions from Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. There will be 3 marks for each correct response without any negative marking.
- GMAC has released a list of more than 35 Business schools accepting NMAT Scores. After the declaration of result in the first week of January institutes will release NMAT Cutoff individually.
Aspirant Friendly Exam
- NMAT is considered to be the most aspirant friendly than any other national level MBA entrance exam in the country.
- The reason behind this status is the liberty to reschedule and retake NMAT by GMAC 2020.
- Also, it allows the test takers to choose the schools/ programs they want to send their scores to before or after taking the exam.
Also read: NMAT vs CAT
Option to Retake NMAT
- Test takers have an option of appearing more than once.
- This means a candidate will have up to three maximum attempts, including ‘no shows’.
- With this option, test takers will be provided an opportunity to improve their NMAT Scores.
- In case, you want to retake the exam, then the test date will be allocated approximately 15 days later.
Rescheduling of Exam Date
- An option to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time, or test center is also provided.
- The change can be made as per the availability.
- A stipulated fee of INR 1100 (excluding applicable taxes) must be made via credit card only.
75 days’ Exam window
- The long test window provides the test takers with the convenience of choosing an appropriate exam date for NMAT 2020.
- Information about the availability of the seats at various NMAT by GMAC test centers will be mentioned with each of the slots.
- The longer window also provides an opportunity to retake the test in case they feel that their performance was impaired on the test day for any reason or if they feel they can improve their performance in a retake attempt.
Also read: NMAT vs CET
7 Programs inclusive in Registration Fee
- NMATby GMAC offers to send candidates’ scores up to 7 programs available from the combination, within the registration fee.
- The programs can be chosen before or after the scheduled appointment.
- Candidates will have to pay the requisite amount of fee if they wish to send their scores to other programs as well.
Equated NMAT Results
- NMAT scores will be declared in a span of 4-5 weeks from the test delivery.
- These shall be equated to bring about parity and fairness and will keep test-takers informed in a timely manner.
Also read: NMAT CDPI Experiences
NMAT Eligibility Criteria:
NMAT exam eligibility criteria are released by the entrance conducting authority i.e GMAC. Candidates will have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the entrance. It is to be noted that any change in the eligibility criteria of NMAT can only be made by the examination conducting authority. To know about the recent updates related to the NMAT eligibility criteria, candidates should visit the official NMAT website.
NMAT Selection Process:
The candidates deserving to take admissions in the various MBA courses offered by the top MBA institutes accepting NMAT scores are sorted on the basis of the selection process. The process of selection is conducted by the examination conducting authority.
Top MBA colleges accepting NMAT:
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS):
NMIMS, one of the most sought after institutes among the NMAT aspirants, has its campuses located in Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Indore. Candidates can seek admission to PGDM courses run by the institutes by following the admission guidelines of the university. All institutes under NMIMS University, shortlist candidates on the basis of written test followed by GD and PI round. So be prepared to appear in all the rounds before grabbing a seat in one of the best MBA institutes in India.
SVKM’s NMIMS is a deemed university located in Mumbai. The University also has campuses at Shirpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, and Navi Mumbai. It has 17 constituent schools that offer both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in management, engineering, commerce, pharmacy, architecture, economics, mathematical sciences, hospitality, science, law, aviation, liberal arts, performing arts, architecture & design. It is accredited by NAAC with 3.59 CGPA and Grade A+. NMIMS was also awarded Category I University status by MHRD.
NMIMS was established in 1981 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal with the help of a donation from Narsee Monjee Educational Trust as a Management Institute affiliated to the University of Mumbai. NMIMS began its journey by offering a Masters in Management Studies with an intake of only 40 students and 4 full-time faculty.
It became a deemed university established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 by notification of UGC in 2003.
It has some of the best placements and every year they have managed to maintain their average placements. Top recruiters are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, General Electric, Microsoft, Google, ITC, Dabur, L’Oreal, HUL, Marico, Asian Paints, Vodafone, Reckitt Benckiser, Deloitte, M&M, ICICI, Aditya Birla Group, Flipkart amongst others.
|Courses Offered||18 courses across 4 streams170MBA Program – Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations and Decision Science, and Analytics.|
|Fees||Rs. 19.05 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 17.09 LPA|
2. SDA Bocconi Asia Center:
SDA Bocconi is a leading institution that is an extended version of the famous SDA Bocconi school of management in Italy, which has also been mentioned in Forbes.
It follows a similar curriculum and international standards to their International institutes. Some of the top recruiters than come here are H&M, PWC, Ador Group, ICICI Bank, SDF, Bausch & Lomb, KPMG, L&T, Tolaram, Deloitte USI, Ernst and Young, Future Group, Vodafone Idea etc.
|Courses Offered||International Master in Business – IMB (Previously PGPB)|
|Fees||Rs. 18.60 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 11.13 LPA|
|No. of Seats||170|
3.ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad:
IBS, Hyderabad is one of the leading schools in Hyderabad. It has been re-accredited by SAQS (South Asian Quality Standards), rated A** by CRISIL, EB2 IN by ICRA, and as an “Excellent” Business School by Eduniversal. Top recruiters include Wipro, Zomato, Thomson Reuters, Arrows Group, Google, Oracle, Aditya Birla Group, Sterling Holidays, Amul, Cavin Kare, American Express, Amazon.in, Bank of America, Flipkart, KPMG, HDFC, and more.
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, Exc. MBA|
|Fees||Rs. 14.04 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 7.23 LPA|
More About NMIMS:
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies has over the years grown and expand into a multi-campus deemed university. Started in 1981, the Mumbai campus is the oldest and currently has 17 schools & 9 centers of excellence. The schools housed at Mumbai Campus include:
- School of Business Management
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
- Kirit P. Mehta School of Law
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- Sarla Anil Modi School of Economics
- Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management
- Sunandan Divatia School of Science
- School of Performing Arts
- School of Branding and Advertising
- Balwant Seth School of Architecture
- Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts
- School of Design
- Global Access School for Continuing Education
NMIMS was ranked 57 among universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019 and 83 overall. It also ranked 13 in the pharmacy ranking and 20 in the management ranking.
The School of Business Management was ranked ninth in India by Business Today‘s “India’s best B-schools 2019”seventh in India by Outlook India‘s “Top 100 Management Schools” of 2018 and first in India by India Today‘s “Top 120 colleges | BBA” in 2019 and alumni are as follows:
- Avani Davda – MD, Nature’s Basket
- Chandni Jafri – CEO, Mumbai Angels
- Aruna Jayanthi – CEO (Business Service), Capgemini
- Deena Mehta – MD and CEO, Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates
- Nitin Rakesh – CEO and Director, Mphasis
- Sundar Raman – President, Reliance Sports
- Bhaskar Sharma – MD, Red Bull (India)
- Vikas Bahl – film director (Super 30)
- Dhvani Desai – animation filmmaker and poet
- Harish Iyer – LGBT activist
- Kiran Janjani – actor
- Payal Shah Karwa – author
- Shilpa Singh – runner-up, I AM She – Miss Universe India 2012