10 Tips – How to Crack SNAP examRahul Singh
How to crack the SNAP exam, tips, and tricks!
What is SNAP Exam?
SNAP is an entrance exam conducted at the national level by Symbiosis International University Pune to conduct admission to the management programs offered at all affiliated institutes. The overall level of difficulty of the exam is comparatively high. However, you can easily ace it by investing some time so let’s see how we can crack the SNAP exam.
Also refer: Courses on SNAP specially curated by mentors of top B-schools
In this article, you will read about the SNAP 2021 exam, eligibility, paper pattern updates, tips, and tricks to crack SNAP 2021.
SNAP exam 2021 Important dates
|Registration commences on||August 04, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Registration closes on||November 24, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Payment closes on||November 24, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Admit Card Live on||December 05, 2022 (Monday) for SNAP Test 01
December 10, 2022 (Saturday) for SNAP Test 02 and SNAP Test 03
|SNAP Computer Base Test (CBT) 2022||SNAP Test 01 – December 10, 2022 (Saturday): 02.00 PM to 03.00 PM
Test 02 – December 18, 2022 (Sunday): 02.00 PM to 03.00 PM
SNAP Test 03 – December 23, 2022 (Friday): 02.00 PM to 03.00 PM
|Announcement of Result||January 10, 2023 (Tuesday)|
Lean How to crack SNAP in 10 days: Get mentored for free by SNAP toppers
How to save time in quants and data interpretation
Following are a few tips- How to crack SNAP:
1) Three-Way Strategy Approach:
- Practice intensive,
- concept-driven, and
- environmentally sensitive.
It becomes very essential to plan accordingly as per the above-mentioned points.
2) Revision of the basic mathematics
Vedic maths and other shortcuts
- Revise your elementary mathematics for quantitative ability and data interpretation.
- After you’ve developed a certain level of comfort with numbers, practice with tables, squares, cubes, and decimal-fraction conversions.
3) Read multiple books and newspapers to improve vocabulary
- For verbal ability, the best way to develop a command over the language; for exam purposes as well as life.
- One of the best ways to increase your vocabulary is to refer to a dictionary and learn around 20-30 new words every day. Know more about how to enhance your vocabulary.
- Start with a small number and gradually get it to 20-30. This is the only time in your life when you can devote time to developing your vocabulary which becomes an integral part of your personal as well as professional life later.
Also Read: What is the best source for a verbal section in the SNAP exam?
4) Snap mock-tests and past year papers
- It is important to test what you have studied, only then you can figure out where does your preparation stand.
- Solving mocks and SNAP past year papers helps you bridge the gap between your current status and the preparation/practice necessary to crack this exam.
5) Time Management
- It tests your time management and prioritization, the same needs to be ensured both while preparation as well as execution, i.e the final test.
- In terms of allotting time to various sections, each question as well as playing on your strengths and diminishing weaknesses.
6) Focus and read the question carefully
- While giving the exam, it is really important to read the question carefully because the examiner likes to confuse and trap the candidate.
- You should understand the question well to know what answer it demands.
7) Another major factor is your biological clock.
- You need to time it to ensure excellence so be prepared for the duration of the exam.
- Practice at exam hours which gives you one more reason to take mock tests.
8) Method of elimination.
- You need to eliminate two options that are not related to the question or don’t make sense in themselves.
- Post that, selecting one option out of the two gets manageable even if you’re not sure and this works for most people.
9) Shortcut Tricks for Quants and DI
- Shortcuts are the key to comparative success so have shortcuts to memorize things, to relate, and to solve.
- For reading comprehension, skimming and scanning are important to maximize your score.
- Similarly, for quantitative, there are many shortcuts for chapters like number systems, time & work that can help you save time.
10) Keep your calm and don’t panic.
- Before (and after) everything else, remember to not lose cool. Stay confident and stay relaxed, it is a test of your efficiency and an individual loses the aforementioned when he/she is stressed or anxious.
Now let’s Look at Section wise marks distribution and SNAP 2021 exam paper pattern:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||1||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||1||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
Also read: Colleges with best Return on Investment (ROI)
Important details & Changes in SNAP 2021:
- There is no sectional cut-off for the SNAP exam, also the student can choose the sequence of sections as per their preference.
- Major changes have been made to the SNAP 2021 exam, one of them being deleting General awareness out of the syllabus.
- The total number of questions has reduced to 60 questions.
- The section-wise distribution of marks changes due to the change in the marking scheme which is explained in detail below.
- SNAP 2021 will have negative marking.
Eligibility criteria for SNAP exam 2021
For Indian Candidates
- Final-year students are eligible to apply for SNAP, however, their admission will remain provisional until submission of the passing certificate.
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST/PWD candidates) or equivalent from a recognized university or institute
- International students or those who have graduated from an international university will be required to obtain a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Also read: Top colleges through SNAP
For International Candidates
The Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) is the department that takes efforts for the institute. The online admission facility has made it possible for all candidates to apply from different parts of the world.
- Foreign nationals (FN), Overseas Citizens of India(OCI), Persons of Indian Origin(PIO), and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) can also apply for SNAP 2021.
- FN, OCI & PIO are exempt from the SNAP entrance exam, they have to clear the English Proficiency test.
- NRI –
- Eligible as NRI if, Indian National + Appeared for 12th examination (equivalent to the Indian 12th examination ) or graduated outside India.
- It is compulsory to give one of the above-mentioned exams outside India to be eligible.
- An NRI candidate has an option of preference as National student / NRI category, in the case of the NRI category, the candidate will apply through The Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE)
- The candidates opting for the NRI category can then apply for the SNAP exam which will amount to 10% weightage during the selection process.
SNAP exam: Step-wise Registration Process and Notifications
Step 1: Register on the website as a new user & fill in your personal details.
Step 2: Payment of Rs. 1750 – either online or through Demand Draft (DD)
Step 3: Register for MBA programs for preferred Symbiosis Institutes
Step 4: Make a payment of the application and registration fee.
SNAP Selection Process
- After the results for the SNAP exam are out, the 15 participating institutes will begin with the selection/admission process.
- The process includes – Group Exercise(GE) + Written Ability Test(WAT) + Personal Interview(PI)
- The minimum cut-off is fixed by the participating institutes individually for shortlisting the candidates for GE, PI, and WAT.
- The candidates clearing the SNAP cut-off are called for further process i.e, (GE/PI/WAT)
- The final selection is based on the candidates’ academic and work experience records along with their performance in GE/PI/WAT.
Check out the various courses offered
All the best!