How should I prepare for GDPI and WAT for CAT?Anisha Mukhija
Preparing for CAT GDPI and WAT? Know how to do it the right way
After scoring nicely in CAT, GDPI is the level that makes or breaks your admission opportunity into a selected B-school. This blog will tell you approximately “How I have to prepare together for GDPI and WAT for CAT?” With a difficult and stiff competition for the n- number of seats across B-schools, it is first-rate to prepare yourself with hints and guidance from the toppers of top IIM and B-faculties and specialists of various training institutes.
Also read : How to increase accuracy in CAT?
- In case you are too apprehensive, then enroll in a GDPI course so that you have an aggressive area and apprehend the trends GDPI.
- At the time of GD, they prepare the students on certain phrase lists and certain manager level jargon which are constantly been used in the corporate world.
- This could help you speak the manager’s language in the course of PI’s.
Let’s discuss a few points under each of the main headings: GD, WAT, PI.
- Keep in mind that it is a discussion, and not a debate.
- The capacity to position forth one’s views efficiently is, absolute confidence, an critical requirement, however a disposition to carry different individuals alongside is an equally essential ability that is expected of a participant.
- Achievement in a GD is measured both with the aid of overall performance of the character and the organization.
- Be assertive not aggressive!!
- READ, READ, READ!!
- Remember you are being evaluated on: group Dynamics, potential to examine conditions, thought manner, Presentation style and character: decision making and leadership abilities so exhibit the identical correctly.
While participating in a GD, focus on the following:
- Team approach
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical & logical reasoning
- WAT topics can be as abstract as ‘describe the colour blue and pink’ to something more focus on current trends. So keep reading the news, latest trends and articles on India’s growth stories. Keep reading Economics Times, Mint or Business Standards on daily basis. Do not forget the editorial sections of newspapers.
- The round tests for Candidate’s language, articulation and content. So be careful about what you write. !!
- Write in mainly three paras: Introduction, Body and Conclusion. Be crisp and think fast!
- Points to remember while writing an essay:
~ Collect ideas with concise yet vivid details
~ Organise the ideas
~ Develop them
~ Express and then review them
- Do not Bluff, be honest and be simple. How should I prepare for GDPI and WAT for CAT Answer Intelligently. It is usually said that “you drive your own interview”, and this is true.
- You need to make your story fall in place.
- Apart from that some interviewees might end up asking random abstract questions just to check your presence of mind and thought process.
- A typical interview lasts for about 20-25 mins minimum, but it clearly depends on the Panel.
- If you don’t know the answer to a question, it is perfectly fine to accept the same, rather than shoot in the dark. Read newspapers for current affairs, revise academic concepts, and rehearse questions on personal aspects.
There a few hygiene questions that one MUST prepare for:
a) Tell me about yourself: Briefly refer to past education, life journey and future plans. It is all about a STORY.
b)Why MBA? : Answer such questions keeping in mind the holistic development you’ll get during MBA
c) Where do you see yourself five years from now: focus on skills development, increased responsibility while highlighting on your goals as achievement.
d) Apart from the above prepare for the following:
- Personal information: yourself, family, city, etc
- Education: scores, favourite subjects, selection of specialization
- Extracurricular, Academic Achievements, Co-Curricular Activities
- Work experience and internships: learnings, job role, challenges faced,
- Hobbies, Interest
- Future plans (Why MBA, Specialization)
- Current affairs and your opinion about them
Ensure that you set aside enough time to prepare for. After putting in excessive efforts for cracking the entrance tests, it would be a disappointment if you didn’t get into your dream B-school because of these aspects. Hope you found this article on how to prepare for CAT GDPI & WAT helpful. We hope you get into the B-school of your dream soon and prosper.