MBA-CET CAP Round ProcessRahul Singh
MBA-CET CAP Round Process
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH-CET) is a computer-based management entrance examination. Officially known as MAH-MBA-CET, The exam is conducted by the Maharashtra Directorate of Technical Education for admission to management courses such as MBA / MMS at various Maharashtra state institutes. Candidates seeking admission in MBA/MMS courses in JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya, PUMBA and other 300+ MBA colleges will be asked to register and apply for CAP online by making a payment of the prescribed registration fee. Admission to management courses such as MBA / MMS / PGDBM / PGDM is a centralised process and is governed by the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the competent authority of the State of Maharashtra. Find below the details of MBA-CET CAP Round Process.
Important CET Exam Dates
|Events||Dates 2022 (Expected)|
|Online Registration Starts||March 2023|
|Online Registration & Fee payment last date||May 2023|
|The last date to edit application||May 2023|
|Last date to print application||May 2023|
|Hall Ticket||July/August 2023|
|MAH CET 2023 Exam||August 2023|
|Result Date||September 2023|
To check the following details click here
- Merit rank
- What is the seat availability in the college
Under the merit list, there are three ranks
- State general merit number-
- University general merit number
- All India merit number
The result contains the following information:
- AIR (All India Rank)
- Registration Number
- Roll Number
- CET Score in Exam/ out of 200
- CET Percentile
Important – IIM WAT PI Experience Dockets
Click Here – Best Study Material for CAT Preparation
See the rank for the category you have applied for. Eg. If a person from New Delhi is seeking for his ranks then he must see the All India Merit Number.
Mumbai students must follow University general merit number.
MAH-CET Cell conducts the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) for counselling after the CET results. But before the CAP round candidates are required to get their documents verified. Documents that are required for verification are Score Card, 10th & 12th mark sheets, Graduation mark sheets, Aadhar Card, Admit Card, All the reservation category certificates if applicable, Domicile Certificate, Work Experience Letter if applicable.
CAP rounds are conducted online where candidates lock the colleges as per their preferences. Then the colleges are allotted to them as per their merits in CET Exam. Those who don’t get colleges as per their preferences can register themselves for the next round. Usually, three CAP rounds are conducted. Those who get colleges as per their choice can lock the seat of college and pay the fees.
Stages of DTE CAP 2021: From Application to Selection
- Step-1: Candidate Registration:
- Step-2: Filling Online Application Form by Candidate for participation in the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) 2021
- Step-3: Confirmation of Online Application Form and Document Verification and counselling along with brief GD, PI at Facilitation Centre (FC) by the Candidate in person
- Step-4: Display or publishing of Provisional merit lists, Submission of grievances, if any, and Display or publishing of Final Merit Lists
- Step-5: Display of available Categorywise Seats (Seat Matrix) for CAP Rounds I, II and III.
- Step-6: Filling up and Confirmation of Online Option Form having preferences of Courses and Institutions before CAP Round I. Candidates may fill in choices of Institutes and Courses in decreasing order of their preference as specified by Competent Authority. The option form once confirmed shall be considered for allotment in CAP Round I, II, and III.
- Step-7: Display of Provisional Allotment of CAP Round I, II, and III indicating allotted institute and Course. This allotment of seats will be based on your scores in MAH CET; CAT; XAT; GMAT, MAT; CMAT; ATMA exams, Academics & other parameters leading to merit scores in CAP round.
- Step-8: Reporting and accepting the offered seat as per the allotment of the CAP Round I, II, and III by the Candidate at Admission Reporting Centre (ARC)
- Step-9: DTE will set up around 190 FCs in different MBA colleges of Maharashtra to appear for DTE CAP 2021 for admission to MBA/MMS
- Step-10: Surrendering the seat to participate in next CAP round to get a better MBA college
Also read: Strategy for CET
Cutoffs for top colleges are as follows:-
|Category||Open (HU)||Open (OHU)|
|LALA LAJPAT RAI||33||94.47||18||92.83|
For complaints or doubts contact directly to DTE.
Types of grievances
- Merit List rank’s doubts or complaints
- Categorization of OMS, OHU list etc
- Submission of missing documents
- All India/ Maharashtra Seat issue due to domicile
I hope you liked this article on MBA-CET CAP Round Process. All the Best!