NMAT Syllabus 2021
NMAT by GMAC is a national-level MBA entrance exam for admission to renowned management colleges such as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School (IBS) and Ansal University. A computer-based test, NMAT by GMAC is conducted by Pearson VUE at 35 locations across India, and the aspirants have the right to choose their own exam venue/date/time as per convenience.
Let’s first have an overview of NMAT :
- Examination mode: online.
- There are a total of three sections,
- No negative marking for wrong answers
- There is a total of 108 questions,
- Total Time: 120 minutes.
- You need to clear the sectional cut-offs and the overall cut-off to qualify for the CDPI round.
Other important aspects of NMAT:
- You can give a total of 3 attempts, with a 75-day window in between any two exams ( take note that for every attempt you will have to pay the exam fees again, but not the college fees).
- The best marks out of the three would be considered.
- You are free to choose the order of the sections before the start of the exam.
- You can also schedule your own time and place for taking the examination (subject to availability).
Important Dates of NMAT 20201:
Registration & Application Process (Without Late fee)
August 3, 2021
November 10, 2021
Facility to choose NMAT 2021 Exam Date – NMAT Scheduling
August 3, 2021
November 17, 2021
Late Registration dates
November 11, 2021
November 15, 2021
Exam Re-scheduling Dates
August 3, 2021
December 24, 2021
NMAT 2021 Exam Dates
October 14, 2021
December 27, 2021
NMAT 2021 Registration for Re-take of Exam
October 15, 2021
December 24, 2021
NMAT Retake Exam Scheduling
October 15, 2021
December 24, 2021
NMAT 2021 Date of Result Declaration
Score card available 48 hours after taking the NMAT exam
NMAT result will have scores only. Percentile scores will not be available in the score card
NMAT 2021 Exam Last date for score card download
March 31, 2022
NMAT Syllabus 20201
The exam of NMAT by GMAC paper consists of three sections. NMAT by GMAC syllabus consists of the following subjects: Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning. One needs to be thoroughly prepared with logical and analytic reasoning, verbal ability, data interpretation, quant, and mathematics.
The three main sections in NMAT are:
|S no-||Section||Questions||Time (minutes)|
The detailed syllabus for NMAT exam is given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Language usage and their rules
- Usage of Parts of Speech
- Syntax, and correct grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Phrasal Verbs
- Identify the Error
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Work and Time
- Mixture & Solution
- Simple Interest
- Compound interest
- Linear Equation
- Quadratic Equation
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Line Graph
- Pie chart
- Mixed Chart
- Venn Diagrams
- Modern Math
- Number Systems
- HCF- LCM
- Permutations and Combinations
- Direction- Based
- Coding & Decoding
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Critical Reasoning
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Linear Arrangement
- Circular Arrangements
- Family tree
- Numeric grid
- Alphabet Test
- Statement Conclusions
- Course of Action
- Blood Relations
- Input & Output
Also read: Top College you can join through NMAT
NMAT Exam Pattern
New changes are has been introduced in the exam pattern this year. NMAT by GMAC will continue to be a 120 minute (two hours) exam with three sections: three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates can take NMAT by GMAC up to a total of three times. The best of the three scores will be used for admission.
Also, NMAT by GMAC test-takers need to review their answers before moving to another section of the exam. Once the candidate ends a particular section, all answers are considered final.
Preparation Strategy and tips
NMAT is a time-management based exam as you get 120 questions to solve in 120 minutes. So first, identify your strong and weak areas in all three sections. Focus more on strong areas to use that as your strength. To manage time efficiently during the exam students must give many mocks. It increases the speed of the student. However, analysis of each mock is also important to identify your strong ad weak areas. Make a note that this is not an exam to solve all questions but this is an exam to maximize your score by choosing questions to answer wisely.
Also Check: NMAT preparation
- This section contains 36 questions of Verbal as well as Analytical Reasoning, which has to be solved within 40 minutes, which means approximately one minute for every question.
- Since it is a time-based examination, students need to identify the question that has to be attempted or left.
- The rigorous practice is required to get a hand of reasoning, as it cannot be achieved overnight.
- This section contains 36 questions of RC, Grammar, and Vocabulary that have to be attempted within 28 minutes, which means 40 seconds per question.
- To improve Vocabulary students must read newspapers every day and the book “Word Power Made Easy” can be referred.
- It will be better to give comprehension tests and reading news on-screen as the exam is online so students.
- This section contains 36 questions that have to be attempted within 52 minutes that means getting 1.2 minutes per question. Some of the important topics are Arithmetic, Algebra, Number System, and Modern Math.
- The student must identify their strong and weak areas. Then firstly clear the concepts of weak areas and practice more for strong areas.
- DI comes easy but calculation intensive.
- While practicing try calculating in mind and avoid using calculators.
- Try to familiarize some with fractions, squares, cubes, and square roots.
Also read: All you need to know about NMAT by GMAC
More About NMAT Exam:
- Candidates have the opportunity to choose 5 college/institute while filling the application form to send their NMAT scores.
- NMAT Exam Pattern consists of 120 multiple choice questions to be attempted in 2 hours. A limited amount of time will be allotted for attempting each section.
- The question paper will comprise questions from Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- GMAC has released a list of more than 35 Business schools accepting NMAT Scores. After the declaration of result in the first week of January institutes will release NMAT Cutoff individually.
Aspirant Friendly Exam
- NMAT is considered to be the most aspirant friendly than any other national level MBA entrance exam in the country.
- The reason behind this status is the liberty to reschedule and retake NMAT by GMAC 2020.
- Also, it allows the test takers to choose the schools/ programs they want to send their scores to before or after taking the exam.
Also read: NMAT vs CAT
Option to Retake NMAT
- Test takers have an option of appearing more than once.
- This means a candidate will have up to three maximum attempts, including ‘no shows’.
- This option provided an opportunity for the test takers to improve their NMAT Scores.
- In case, you want to retake the exam, then the test date will be allocated approximately 15 days later.
Rescheduling of Exam Date
- An option to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time or test center is also provided.
- The change can be made as per the availability.
- A stipulated fee of INR 1100 (excluding applicable taxes) has to be made via credit card only.
75 days’ Exam window
- The long test window provides the test takers with the convenience of choosing an appropriate exam date for NMAT 2021.
- Information about the availability of the seats at various NMAT by GMAC test centers will be mentioned with each of the slots.
- The longer window also provides an opportunity to retake the test in case they feel that their performance was impaired on the test day for any reason or if they feel they can improve their performance in a retake attempt.
Also read: NMAT vs CET
7 Programs inclusive in Registration Fee
- NMATby GMAC offers to send candidates’ scores up to 7 programs available from the combination, within the registration fee.
- The programs can be chosen before or after the scheduled appointment.
- Candidates will have to pay the requisite amount of fee if they wish to send their scores to other programs as well.
Equated NMAT Results
- NMAT scores will be declared in a span of 4-5 weeks from the test delivery.
- These shall be equated to bring about parity and fairness and will keep test-takers informed in a timely manner.