Tips to Crack IIFTRahul Singh
Tips to Crack IIFT Exam
IIFT exam is usually the first exam of the management entrance season. It becomes essential for anyone and everyone to ace it, to build the confidence you need to get through the season, even if IIFT is not your ultimate aim. Let’s find out the tips to crack the IIFT exam.
The IIFT entrance exam is similar to any other MBA entrance exam, but it has some special features that must be considered when developing a study strategy. The RC passages of the IIFT, for example, are not the same as those of the CAT or XAT. Similarly, the quant questions on the IIFT are often more complex than those on the CAT or XAT. To do well on the IIFT test, you’ll need an exam-specific training plan. It takes between six to nine months to prepare for the IIFT test. The IIFT 2022 exam is scheduled to take place in December or January, so you can start studying now.
IIFT Exam Pattern
This exam is conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency) in December. It is an Online M.C.Q-based Exam.
Application fee: Rs 2000
No. of Centres: 41 centers across the country.
Exam Duration: 2 Hours
Total Questions: 110 Questions
Question Paper consists of 4 sections:
|SR No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||35|
|3||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||30|
|4||General Awareness (GK)||20|
Read More: IIFT Exam Pattern
Below are some tips to crack IIFT
- It’s easy but requires patience and practice. You need to invest your time judiciously and simultaneously ensure that accuracy is on point.
- One of the main sections in an IIFT exam is the Reading Comprehension section, which requires avid speed to deliver the best performance. The best way to develop this speed is to read newspapers, especially editorials.
- Concepts need to be brushed appropriately because fundamentals build the ultimate speed. For quantitative, speed, and accuracy counts; and this might be achieved through strengthening concepts and practicing regularly.
- While giving the exam, it is essential for solving the easy section before moving to the difficult one, because the exam is purely based on cutoffs for each section.
- While we talk about ease and difficulty, strengths and weaknesses come barging. It’s imperative for a candidate to identify his/her strengths and weaknesses. So that one can allow proper time to convert his weaknesses into strength and strengthen his strengths more.
- You can get the extra edge by ensuring that you’re aware of both current affairs as well as static GK because acing this section is what will make or break this entrance for you.
- It is a test of your speed and accuracy. So practice is what is going to get you ahead of others. Take mock tests, run them through, and analyze them. Prepare yourself for the time frame to get rid of any factor that is not adding to your performance.
- Your focus should be on business and trade-related general knowledge because that is what the test setter is going to focus on. Read newspapers for current news and knowledge.
- You always start with your strengths, in/out of the paper because it gives you a morale boost that makes the second half easy to attempt. Do not get stuck at a question while attempting the paper. If you do not know the answer, skip and come back to it once you’ve skimmed through the complete paper. That way you don’t miss something that you know only because you spent all your time on something that you didn’t know.
- Like any other task in life, it is really important for you to ensure that your body doesn’t give up. You need to eat, sleep, and exercise well to be fresh and active all the time.
Tips to Crack IIFT: Section-Wise
Let’s take a look at some key takeaways from the IIFT exam’s Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and General Knowledge pages, as well as some tips to crack IIFT and preparing for it.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Tips
- There will be 35 multiple-choice questions in the VARC segment. This portion of the question paper carries the most weight and is generally of moderate difficulty.
- The RC passages are straightforward and factual. This section is manageable since there are no inference-based passages.
- Since each passage is usually 800 words long, candidates must concentrate on reading speed.
- Read editorials in newspapers, blogs on the internet, novels and short stories, business studies, and so on.
- Practice as many RC passages as you can, focusing on the more difficult and difficult ones.
Read more: When to start preparing for IIFT?
Quantitative Ability Tips
- Some of the important quant topics for IIFT are Arithmetic( Profit & Loss, SI/CI, Time Speed, and Distance, Time and Work. Percentage), Permutation and Combination, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry, Probability and Number System.
- Regularly practice sample questions and revise theorems.
- Since the IIFT exam has negative marking, learn the skill of selecting only those QA questions that you can answer with 100% accuracy.
- Practice mock assessments and sample questions for 100 percent accuracy.
Related links: Strategy for IIFT
Logical Reasoning Tips
- There will be 30 questions in this portion of the IIFT exam paper, evenly split between logical reasoning and data interpretation (LRDI)
- This segment usually includes logic-based questions, but there may also be some questions that require a lot of calculation.
- As a result, spend extra time learning the principles and formulae.
- Solve each sample question at least three times when researching the topics so that the procedure is ingrained in your mind.
- Practice with IIFT question papers and mock test series from previous years. This will introduce you to a wide range of LRDI questions, including difficult, tricky, lengthy, and simple ones.
General Knowledge Tips
Some important tips on the G.K. section are:
- The cut-off for G.K is very less. So read newspapers like ET, The Hindu, TOI, etc, on a daily basis.
- Go through the past papers and try to analyze the type of questions being asked.
- Try to give a short G.K quiz daily.
- Read current affairs magazine which comes monthly.
- Keep your eye on business news while watching television.
For G.K refer: How to prepare for IIFT G.K