IIFT 2022: Preparation guidelines
IIFT is one of the toughest exams and only a few students who score well in the examination can get admission to the campuses of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. The IIFT 2021 is to be conducted in the first week of December 2020 to offer admission in MBA (IB) programs on 2 campuses – IIFT Delhi and IIFT Kolkata. So you need to be precise and focus on your target. This article will give you appropriate guidelines as to how you should go about your preparation. When should one start preparing for IIFT, before starting how to prepare let’s know the pattern and Eligibility of the IIFT Exam.
Start preparing online with IIFT Courses
Eligibility for IIFT
- Should have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline from a university recognized by Authorities of Indian Universities.
- You can write the IIFT exam even if you are in the final year or you are a passed out student.
- If you start your training early enough, you can ace all of the sections of the IIFT test, including the GK portion. To pass the IIFT test, 5-6 months of dedicated training should suffice.
- The general awareness section needs attention and a different preparation strategy altogether if you want to ace the IIFT exam in your first attempt.
- Questions can be posed anywhere in the general knowledge segment, so it is extremely unpredictable. You’ll need to familiarise yourself with these sections. Practicing mocks and sectional tests on a daily basis is the perfect way to get familiar with the timer.
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Graduation in any degree from a recognized university|
IIFT Exam Pattern: Highlights
Total Questions: 118
Maximum Marks: 100
Time Duration:120 minutes
Type of Questions: MCQs
Negative Marking: ⅓ of a mark for every wrong answer
|Section||Total Questions||Marks per question||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
Read More: IIFT Exam Pattern
How to start the preparation for IIFT?
Preparation for IIFT should be on the same boat as CAT with an additional of the GK section for which you have to read the current affairs and some basic question of gk and some of the History related questions should also be done. Apart from this, all the things are same as of CAT some of the section is below CAT Level.
Maximum of the aspirants do now not prepare completely for IIFT however take it as an extension of CAT. At the same time as that could be a perfectly high-quality method (one that helped me convert IIFT), one wishes to have an eye on the method component of it. especially crucial is the self-assurance in terms of trying the GK segment. numerous aspirants delay the GK prep until early November and although they undergo a whole lot of cloth inside the final 2-three weeks, it does not supply enough self-assurance throughout the test. The cutoff may be very low for GK (zero.82 ultimate year) and still, aspirants locate it difficult to crack.
Also Read: Strategy for IIFT
To put together for GK, you need to go through the information on an every- day foundation, specifically enterprise-related (launches, acquisitions, CEOs, controversies, instances, etc.). That much is greater than enough. Many students start reading information from October which does now not assist because the paper is nearly organized employing then and maximum subjects that crop up at some point of this phase might be ongoing and so, cannot be framed as questions.
Another essential component is consciousness on short calculations. whilst Vedic maths and other such gimmicky prepare not genuinely recommended, it enables you large time if you are relaxed with numbers and approximations (reducing numerators and denominators, chances, reciprocals, inverse variant techniques, and so forth).
to start with, you need to apprehend in case you are focused on the proper take a look at or not. IIFT is fair of a combination of a pace primarily based test and an accuracy/content-based check. initially, it’s miles a 2-hour test that consists of approximately 125 questions.
Also Read: Tips to crack IIFT
IIFT Exam: Key Differences
1. Paper-based and so, getting an overview, solving or letting cross of questions is less complicated in comparison to a CBT
2. Marking answers take time and awareness so, you need to account for around 10 minutes to do this
3. Statistics interpretation is extraordinarily calculation-based totally and has large tables
4. LR is barely beneath CAT degree
5. The verbal potential is round/slightly lower than that of CAT
6. Studying comprehension is tedious and the questions are of the multiple truth-finding kinds (question observed by 3-four statements and the answer alternatives are an aggregate of 2 or extra of these statements one in all which is right; efficaciously three-4 single authentic questions combined in one)
7. Quant is slightly better than CAT with the focal point on geometry, modern math, in comparison to simple arithmetic
8. GK is a separate phase and it’s miles focused on enterprise attention with a sprinkling of static and well-known GK questions
9. The reduce-offs even though the gift is pretty low and is greater of a formality compared to other entrance exams.
Preparation approach for IIFT: Section Wise IIFT Syllabus
The paper may be cut up into three components: concept-pushed, exercise-in-depth, and surroundings-touchy. There should be a systematic approach for each section for preparing for any competitive exam:
Quantitative potential & decided-on regions of Verbal capability are concept-driven, because of this that the questions rely closely on center standards. for example, a query providing a period like “cyclic quadrilateral” is, in reality, impossible to try unless the corresponding concept is known.
It is therefore recommended which you prepare the important thing standards of mathematics, Algebra, and Geometry & current Math within the Quantitative ability sections in a thorough way. For arithmetic and other topics of the quantitative ability section, the best study material would be Arun Sharma. Once you are done with the basics you can solve the level of difficulty and 2 of these sections. level 3 can be ignored.
Quantitative Ability Syllabus:
- Ratio Proportion
- Time Speed Distance
- Time and Work
- Mixture Allegation
- Data Sufficiency
Also Read: IIFT syllabus and difficulty level
To address the Verbal ability segment, one has to recognition on enhancing one’s analyzing speed due to the fact the paper typically functions three-4 analyzing comprehensions. also, you ought to put together the fundamentals of grammar so that you can remedy sentence correction questions.
The practice is required to remedy utilization-primarily based questions like an analogy, fill in the blanks, and so on. a good vocabulary proves to be an asset while fixing special forms of vocabulary questions that function in the exam.
You should read 2 RC regularly when you start with your preparation. IIFT exam consists of 4 to 5 direct vocab questions. Word power made easy is said to be the best study resource for the vocabulary. Vocab questions are direct and time savers. If you know most of them they act like instant scorers for you.
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence completion
- Sentence arrangement
- Spelling/Inappropriate usage
- Para Jumbles
- Error Correction
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning :
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning is practice-extensive, exercise-extensive, because of this that familiarity respect to similar questions is a key determinant here. it is really useful to exercise one-of-a-kind statistics Interpretation query types like pie charts, bar graphs, information tables, line charts & mixtures thereof, for the DI segment.
For Logical Reasoning, you should practice questions on arrangements, family timber, complicated records situations, etc for the LR section. In the data interpretation section picking the appropriate set is important. As you practice you will develop a back for choosing not only appropriate sets but also the questions. You don’t want to get stuck in a difficult and time-consuming question.
As IIFT is a time-bound exam and your focus is to attempt the maximum number of questions correctly, the questions that you pick play a very important role. You will end up saving a lot of time if you are good at calculations. Try to emphasize more on mental calculations to save time.
Logical Reasoning Syllabus:
- Linear and Circular Arrangement
- Venn Diagram
- Sequential Output
- Blood Relations
- Conditional Coding
- Series Completion
- Symbol-based Comparison
- Selection Criteria
- Conditional Coding
- Direction Sense
Read more: Speed calculation techniques
Current affairs and general knowledge :
Standard attention is a surroundings-touchy region and requires familiarity with both static and modern-day components of the surroundings. For static GK one ought to focus on subjects like history, geography, economics, political system, and so on. For cutting-edge GK, you can talk to our GK junction phase and use our diverse modern-day affairs associated sections.
To prepare for the current affairs section, you should read a newspaper on regular basis. If you hate reading the newspaper, you can put your smartphone to good use. There are many applications available on the play store that you can refer to keep track of regular current affairs. IIFT exam has observed the trend of 40% questions on static Gk and current affairs. You can have an edge over other aspirants when it comes to the GK section.
For G.K refer: How to prepare for IIFT G.K
To know more in detail about the latest current affairs and GK click here
Also, Read MBA exams you should not miss