IIFT Exam Pattern: Overview
The IIFT exam is a management aptitude examination for admission to the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade’s (IIFT) , which is IIFT exam full form, MBA International Business program in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. On behalf of the institute, the National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the IIFT exam. A total of 33,393 candidates registered for the exam in 2021, with 27,944 candidates taking it. The IIFT exam pattern is a combination of multiple-choice and short-answer questions. Questions from Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness were included in the IIFT question paper. This online exam will take two hours to complete. On the basis of GMAT scores, IIFT accepts foreign/NRI/PIO applicants for entry.IIFT 2022 exam notification will be released in August-September and the exam will be conducted in December-January.
- IIFT 2022 Application Forms will be tentatively open for registration in September 2021 and will close in October 2021.
- The application fee for IIFT 2022 is INR 1650 for general candidates and INR 825 for reserved candidates.
- Admission to full-time and part-time MBA programs at the IIFT Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses will be based on IIFT test scores.
Start preparing online with IIFT Courses
IIFT Exam Pattern: Highlights
|Organization Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade|
|IIFT Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of IIFT exam||Online-Computer Based|
|IIFT exam duration||Two hours (120 minutes)|
|Sectional Time Limit||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||110 (The number of questions may vary for IIFT 2022)|
|Number of Sections||Section 1: Quantitative Ability (QA)
Section 2: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Section 3: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation (LRDI)
Section 4: General Knowledge (GK)
|Negative Marking||1/3 Marks|
|Marks per Question||3 marks for each right question in Section 1, 2, and 3
1.5 marks for each right answer in Section 4
IIFT Test Pattern: Section-wise Breakup of Questions
Every year, the number of questions on the IIFT paper varies. IIFT 2019 had 114 multiple-choice questions, while IIFT 2020/ 2021 had 110.
Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation (LRDI), and General Knowledge are the four parts from which questions will be asked in the IIFT exam pattern 2022. Let’s take a closer look:
|SR No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||35|
|3||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||30|
|4||General Awareness (GK)||20|
Read more: IIFT difficulty level
IIFT Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme
IIFT marking scheme is different for each section. Also, IIFT has negative marking. Let’s take a closer look at the section-wise IIFT marking scheme :
|Section||Total Questions||Marks per question||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
Why take IIFT Exam?
One of the best prospects for management aspirants is the IIFT 2022 Exam. The number of applicants for IIFT is considerably lower than for CAT, XAT, NMAT, and other major management entrance exams, so the chances of admission are marginally higher. However, the greater number of seats compensates for the lower number of applicants. The following are some other advantages of IIFT:
- CTC of INR 20,48,000/- on average
- INR 75,00,000 is the largest foreign bid.
- INR 46,45,000 is the highest median bid.
- There are 107 recruiters and 93 PPOs in total.
- INR 18,20,000 is the median CTC.
- International business management course with a high potential for international placements and travel opportunities.
Read More: Strategy for IIFT
IIFT Exam Syllabus
IIFT examiners have retained the flexibility to adjust the pattern and syllabus of the test as required by specifying only the wide areas from which questions may be asked. However, by examining previous year question articles, a list of areas that can be equated to the IIFT syllabus can be drawn:
Quantitative Ability: Arithmetic, Geometry, Modern Maths
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Grammar, Phrases, Synonyms
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: Series & Analysis, Comparisons, Pie Chart, Caselets
General Awareness: Banking, Business, Politics, Current Affairs.
IIFT 2022 Preparation Tips
Here are some basic preparation tips –
- Begin by learning the fundamentals.
- The IIFT section on reading comprehension is a testing section.
- The Data Interpretation portion is normally the most challenging.
- Concentrate on accuracy rather than pace.
- Every week, complete several mock tests and practice papers.
Read more: When to start preparing for IIFT?
IIFT 2022 Placements & Result
According to previous years’ patterns, the IIFT entrance exam results were released in the last week of February due to covid 19, and placements were completed one or two months later. However, the trend for Placement 2020 has shifted, and placements are completed before the IIFT results are announced. The scorecard will be available for candidates a few days after the declaration of the merit list.Candidates who score marks equal to or more than the cutoff will be eligible and invited for the selection process.
- With 279 students in the class, it is a large group.
- Average compensation increased to Rs.20.07 lakhs from Rs.19.23 lakhs last year as 98 companies, including 32 new recruiters, made placement offers.
- The highest salary offered exceeded Rs.1 crore.
- Many students were given a package of Rs.75 lakhs per annum and 93 PPOs.
- There were more international offers earned this time.
Read more :