TISSNET Exam dates, registrations, pattern and courses.Anisha Mukhija
What is TISSNET?
First, TISSNET is a nationwide TISS examination for its postgraduate programs. It is also a Computer-based (CBT) exam. Thus it offers almost 53 master degree programs as a result. But an MA degree is given by TISS. But other colleges hold these courses on par with other postgraduate programs.. So in this article, we will try to build a TISSNET exam strategy so you can help you ace it.
Courses on TISSNET by mentors from top B-schools
TISSNET Exam Details
Also, get free mentorship by Experts
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam pattern||100 questions (MCQs)|
|TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur,
Guwahati & Hyderabad
|No. of exam cities||39|
|MBA/PGDM, MA in Education, MA,
MA-MSc, MHA, MPH, MPH-HPEF,
MPH-SELL, MMA in Social Work, MLIS
TISSNET MBA: Eligibility criteria
- So the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree. However, an equivalent from a recognized university is also allowed.
- However, candidates completing their final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent by June 2021, can also apply.
- In addition, students pursuing a 3-year bachelor’s degree should have passed all 4 semesters at the time of filling the TISSNET application form. So those pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree must have cleared all the subjects up to the sixth semester.
Practice with actual TISSNET Mocks
So applicants opting for Master of Arts in (Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership) program should have work experience. In addition, it shall be at least 2-yearsn any field after graduating.
However, is no limiting factor in terms of age students/applicants of the TISSNET Entrance exam 2021.
TISSNET result and important dates
So let’s look at the tentative dates because the exam schedule for TISS 2021 will be out in October.
|Registration starts||The third week of October|
|Last date to register||Fourth week of November|
|Offline last date||The first week of December|
|Admit cards||The second week of December|
|Orientation for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates before the entrance.||
The second week of December
|Exam date||The first week of January|
|Written ability test (WAT) & Personal Interview(PI)||Second – the fourth week of March|
|Results out||The third week of April|
TISSNET paper pattern
Also, more detailed and extensive videos on the verbal section
|Subjects/Sections||English Proficiency||Mathematics & Logical Reasoning||General Awareness|
|No. of questions||30||30||40|
|Total marks (100)||30||30||40|
|Sectional cut-off||N.A.||N.A.||14 Marks/35%|
NEW UPDATE: Firstly TISS-MAT will be on the same day as your TISS-NET. However, TISS-MAT will be applicable for students opting for MA Human Resource Management & Labour Studies and MA Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership. Most importantly, TISS- MAT will have negative marking.
Although the above chart says no cut off for the sections other than general awareness. But you are expected to have a minimum score in each one to meet the overall cut off. So the cut off for the TISSNET Entrance exam is between 65-75.
Step 1: The Application form
- Firstly candidates/Applicants need to go on the official website of TISS Mumbai. After that register for the TISSNET exam.
- The application fees for
General(Unreserved) Category – Rs. 1030 per course
SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category – Rs. 260 per course
In addition, the amount can be paid in either of the below mentioned online modes.
- Credit/Debit card
- Net banking
Also read: TISSNET Entrance Exam, Pattern & Updates
Step 2: Admit card
Secondly, candidates registering successfully for the exam will receive their admit cards. Moreover, the same can be downloaded from the official website of TISS. In conclusion, candidates must remember that the admit card is an important document. Because that needs to be carried to the examination hall. Which allows you to appear for the exam.
Step 3: TISSNET 2021 Exam
So candidates appear for the entrance test on the scheduled date. In addition, the test duration is one hour and 40 minutes. Moreover, test-takers will have questions based on English Proficiency, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness.
Step 4: Group Discussion (GD)
Once the student/applicant who clears the TISSNET Entrance exam is called for the next process. That is the selection of the process.
In other words, the process consists of Pre Interview test which can either be a group discussion or a written test. Moreover, the PIT normally ranges between 30-40 minutes
In addition, the process also differs concerning various programs like some have a PIT two sections. For instance, essay writing is followed by case study questions based on it.
Personal Interview (PI)
So the next part of the process is the applicants clearing the PIT are then called for a personal interview. Above all, this is just like the personal interview that every B-school takes. After that, you are interviewed in terms of your work experience, past records. Moreover, a few questions with regards to the programs you are opting for.
Colleges accepting TISS scores
- TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad
- (BALM) Banayan Academy of Leadership in Mental Health, Chennai
Various courses by above-mentioned colleges
TISS Mumbai Schools:
1. School of Education:
- Firstly, it provides a Master of Arts in Education (Elementary). Moreover, it has only 51 seats.
2. School of Development Studies
- MA in Development Studies – 51 seats
- MA in Women’s Studies – 28 seats
3. School of Habitat Studies
- Climate Change and Sustainability Studies – 23 seats
- Regulatory Governance – 23 seats
- Urban Policy and Governance – 23 seats
- Water Policy and Governance – 15 seats
4. School of Health System Studies
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) – 51 seats
- MPH in Health Administration – 39 seats
- MPH-Social Epidemiology – 28 seats
- MPH – Health Policy, Economics, and Finance – 23 seats
5. School of Human Ecology
- MA in Applied Psychology (Clinical and Counseling Practice) – 51 seats
6. School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
- LLM (Access to Justice) – 39 seats
7. School of Management and Labour Studies
- MA in Globalisation and Labour – 23 seats
- MA in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations – 68 seats
- Master of Arts/Master of Science(Analytics) (Self Financed) – 34 seats
- MA in Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership – 34 seats
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship – 34 seats
8. School of Media and Cultural Studies
- MA in Media and Cultural Studies – 29 seats
9. School of Social Work
MA in Social work
- Children & Families – 23 seats
- Community Organisation & Development Practice 34 seats
- Criminology & Justice – 34 seats
- Dalit & Tribal Studies and Action 29 seats
- Disability Studies & Action 28 seats
- Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship 29 seats
- Mental Health 23 seats
- Public Health 23 seats
- Women-centered Practice 26 seats
1.School of Rural Development
- Development Policy, Planning, and Practice – 34 seats
- Sustainable Livelihoods and Natural Resources Governance – 34 seats
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship – 34 seats
- MA in Social Work in Rural Development – 34 seats
TISS Hyderabad Campus
1. Azeem Premji School of Education
- Master of Arts in Education – 34 seats
2. School of Public Policy and Governance
- MA in Public Policy and Governance – 34 seats
3. School of Livelihoods and Development
- Development Studies – 34 seats
- Natural Resource and Governance – 34 seats
- Rural Development and Governance- 34 seats
4. School of Gender Studies
- MA in Women Studies – 34 seats
1. School of Social work
- Master of Arts in Social Work (Community Organisation & Development Practices) – 23 seats
MA in Social work
- Counseling – 17 seats
- Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship – 17 seats
- Public Health – 17 seats
2.School of Social Science and Humanities
- Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development – 17 seats
- Labour Studies and Social Protection – 17 seats
- Peace and Conflict Studies – 17 seats
- Sociology and Social Anthropology – 23 seats
Banayan Academy of Leadership in Mental Health (BALM), Chennai
1. Master of Arts in Applied Psychology
- Clinical psychology – 20 seats
- Counseling psychology – 20 seats
2. Master of Arts in Social Work (Mental Health) – 20 seats
Moreover, important points to be taken into consideration:
Firstly, TISS-NET as an exam can be cracked if prepared well in advance. Because the difficulty level of this exam ranges from easy to moderate. Moreover, the institute offers an M.A. degree which is equivalent to the MBA degrees offered by other colleges.
In addition, TISS is one of the best colleges for students planning to go for Human Resources (HR) as a career. Most importantly, it offers a master’s degree for almost 53 programs. As a result has 39 cities for taking the exam/test.
So, a little more about TISS:
Above all, TISS is one of the few institutes that offer a great return on investment (ROI). In addition, apart from FMS Delhi, etc along with great education, exposure, and package.
In conclusion, I hope this article helps you to prepare for the TISSNET exam.
Most importantly All the best!
Also, Related Links:
Some more general awareness topics
Verbal Ability tricks and tips video