Top Institutes Accepting NMAT ScoresAnisha Mukhija
Top Institutes Accepting NMAT Scores
NMAT stands for Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test. This is an entrance exam to get admission into the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management. The exam was acquired by Graduate Admission Council in 2015, and hence the NMAT is renamed by The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a computer-generated test by GMAC. It is an important national level entrance test for MBA leading to MBA admissions in top MBA colleges.NMAT score is used by more than 30 MBA colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC score for MBA admission. Scheduled in a 75 days test window, the next NMAT exam 2020 will be held from October 4 to December 17, 2020. More than 30 MBA Colleges including NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai, ISB Hyderabad, ICFAI Business School, VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar (for selected MBA programs) will accept NMAT 2020 scores for MBA admission 2021. Being an independent and reputed exam, NMAT exam scores are accepted by MBA colleges that include University affiliated MBA colleges like NMIMS, ICFAI, Jindal Global University, and Specialized Programs offered by well known private B-schools like SPJIMR and TAPMI, and some autonomous MBA colleges like SOIL Gurgaon.
NMAT Registration and Payment
- Create an account on nmat.org using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational, and work experience, the list of programs/schools to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Schools Preference” section. Up to 5 programs/schools are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each program/school added in excess of 5 programs/schools.
- You must upload a photograph that bears a likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
Top Institutes accepting NMAT Scores are
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Hyderabad
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Shirpur
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center
- Jindal Global Business School
- ISBR Bangalore – International School Of Business & Research
- IMI Kolkata
- BML Munjal University (BMU)
- Jindal Global Business School
- Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad, and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT University
- Amity University
- Thapar School of Management
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- SRM University
- Mody University
- Ansal University
- Shoolini University
- Institute of Management, JK University, Jaipur
- Chitkara University
- K.J Somaiya Institute of Management
Also read: NMAT exam difficulty level
Top MBA colleges accepting NMAT Scores:
NMIMS, one of the most sought after institutes among the NMAT aspirants, has its campuses located in Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Indore. Candidates can seek admission to PGDM courses run by the institutes by following the admission guidelines of the university. All institutes under NMIMS University, shortlist candidates on the basis of written test followed by GD and PI round. So be prepared to appear in all the rounds before grabbing a seat in one of the best MBA institutes in India.
SVKM’s NMIMS is a deemed university located in Mumbai. The University also has campuses at Shirpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, and Navi Mumbai. It has 17 constituent schools that offer both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in management, engineering, commerce, pharmacy, architecture, economics, mathematical sciences, hospitality, science, law, aviation, liberal arts, performing arts, architecture & design. It is accredited by NAAC with 3.59 CGPA and Grade A+. NMIMS was also awarded Category I University status by MHRD.
NMIMS was established in 1981 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal and it became a deemed university established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 by notification of UGC in 2003.
It has some of the best placements and every year they have managed to maintain their average placements. Top recruiters are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, General Electric, Microsoft, Google, ITC, Dabur, L’Oreal, HUL, Marico, Asian Paints, Vodafone, Reckitt Benckiser, Deloitte, M&M, ICICI, Aditya Birla Group, Flipkart amongst others.
|Courses Offered||18 courses across 4 streams170MBA Program – Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations, and Decision Science, and Analytics.|
|Fees||Rs. 19.05 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 17.09 LPA|
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
NMIMS is the all-encompassing educational platform for diverse fields of career such as Engineering, Science and Technology, Management, Commerce, Architecture, Law, Economics, Pharmacy, Aviation, Design, Performing Arts, Liberal Arts, Hospitality Management, Mathematical Science, Branding and Advertising, Agricultural Sciences and much more.
- Ideal for forward-thinking and new-age young professionals
- Strong industry interface & corporate relationships with 1348+ companies
- Research-backed updated curriculum, along with 2400+ published papers to its credit
- Continuing the legacy of quality education
- Focus on the employability of students through evolved pedagogy
- Pursuing excellence in technological and management research
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Hyderabad
Established in 2010, NMIMS Hyderabad has carved a place for itself in the elite league of B-schools in a short span of time. NMIMS Hyderabad is the youngest B-school in the country to get the prestigious & coveted AMBA accreditation in 2016 and re-accreditation in 2018 for next 5 years i.e. 2023. By securing AMBA accreditation, NMIMS Hyderabad is in the elite group of 12 B-Schools in the country and 219 across the world. NHRDN, India’s largest HRD professional network, has ranked us top -5 (2017) & -6 (2016) in the Emerging B-Schools category.
Since 2010, the Executive Education wing of NMIMS Hyderabad conducts programs for working professionals both open and custom-made programs. These programmes are designed to provide learning interventions that help them to climb up the ladder in their careers, while impacting the organisations that they operate in. For top-performing, high-potential middle and senior managers, this intensive, collaborative and empowering PGDM Weekend Executive Programme delivers the knowledge, frameworks & tools that are required to succeed and lead with confidence in a management role.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
The SVKM’s NMIMS Navi Mumbai Campus is located in a natural scenic serene environment which provides an ideal atmosphere for pursuing higher education programs in management away from the noise and pollution of a metro city. SVKM’s NMIMS Navi Mumbai Campus provides an idyllic environment to engage in learning and the unique distinction of gaining ringside insight to metropolitan corporate dynamics against a budding and emerging business hub.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
In keeping with the university’s mission to provide good quality socially sensitive human resources to the nation, the mission of NMIMS, Indore is to be an institution of excellence for learning & collaborative research in Management with a deep commitment to people. In order to attain the stated mission, the campus has identified certain niche disciplines in the field of management to excel in and accordingly the stated vision is to inculcate the ‘learner-centric’ approach in management education.
Objectives of SVKM’s NMIMS – Indore
Realization of the vision revolves around the following goals:
- Emerging as a ‘Go to’ campus for Executive Education in the country
- Establishing Centres of Excellence in Business Analytics, Technology Management, and Infrastructure Management.
- Establishing School of Commerce, Science, Law, Economics, Engineering and Pharmacy.
- Establishing a conducive research environment and fostering collaborative research with industry, government and NGOs.
SDA Bocconi is a leading institution that is an extended version of the famous SDA Bocconi school of management in Italy. SDA Bocconi School of Management is currently ranked 3rd Business School in Europe by Financial Times and holds the Triple Crown Accreditation – AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS.
It follows a similar curriculum and international standards to their International institutes. Some of the top recruiters that come here are H&M, PWC, Ador Group, ICICI Bank, SDF, Bausch & Lomb, KPMG, L&T, Tolaram, Deloitte USI, Ernst and Young, Future Group, Vodafone Idea, etc.
|Courses Offered||International Master in Business – IMB (Previously PGPB)|
|Fees||Rs. 18.60 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 12.3 LPA|
|No. of Seats||170|
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) was established in 1981 as a part of Somaiya Vidyavihar with the objective of providing state of the art education in management and allied areas. The institute is consistently ranked among the top 25 management institutes and top 10 private sector B-schools in India. The institute offers full time, part-time and executive programs in Business Management along with Masters in Computer Applications and Doctoral Programmes. The Institute is approved by the AICTE and accredited by the NBA. It has been certified by the Bureau Veritas. The Institute offers MBA, Executive MBA, MCA, and Ph.D. programs in various specializations. It has 131 highly-qualified and knowledgeable faculty members. KJ Somaiya also conducts various customized Management Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes.
|Courses Offered||MBA and 9 other specialization courses, Doctoral, and part-time MBA programs|
|Fees||Rs. 8.45 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 13.25 LPA|
ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad:
IBS, Hyderabad is one of the leading schools in Hyderabad. It has been re-accredited by SAQS (South Asian Quality Standards), rated A** by CRISIL, EB2 IN by ICRA, and as an “Excellent” Business School by Eduniversal. Top recruiters include Wipro, Zomato, Thomson Reuters, Arrows Group, Google, Oracle, Aditya Birla Group, Sterling Holidays, Amul, Cavin Kare, American Express, Amazon.in, Bank of America, Flipkart, KPMG, HDFC, and more.
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, Exc. MBA|
|Fees||Rs. 14.04 LPA|
|Average Placement||Rs. 7.23 LPA|
International Management Institute is situated in Kolkata in West Bengal state of India. Established in 2010, it is accredited from AICTE Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Free Laptop, Library, Medical Facilities, Cls. Room, Placement, Sports are also there. IMI Kolkata has announced 100% tuition fee waiver for its upcoming batch of students with outstanding academic career till date (according to the criteria set by IMI Kolkata). The 100% tuition fee waiver will be sanctioned for the 1st year after the enrolment of the student in the PGDM programme. Students with a minimum of 80% in Class X, XII and 1st class throughout their academic career along with a score of more than 90 percentile in CAT/XAT or more than 650 in GMAT relevant to the current year will be eligible to apply for the same. However selection for the 100% tuition waiver scheme will be based on academic excellence and performance in the Personal Interview. IMI Kolkata has the sole right and discretion for final selection ofthe students under the scheme. Students availing of the scheme are required to maintain a CGPA of 8 or above to avail of the benefit throughout their two years’ course of study.
Named after the chairman and founder of the Hero Group, Dr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, BML Munjal University is engaged in creating, preserving, and imparting internationally benchmarked knowledge and skills to a diverse community of students from across the world. BMU’s aim is to nurture ethical leaders who are skilled, knowledgeable, and have the life skills needed to lead organisations to success.
The MBA programme at BML Munjal University take a long-term view of business education and prepare students for long and fulfilling careers. Our multi-disciplinary, application-based curriculum, mentored by Imperial College London, provides life skills and practical knowledge that allows us to create innovators, thought-leaders, and entrepreneurs who can reinvent the future of doing business in new ways. Through these specialised programmes, we enable our students to become business ready and to lead from the day they step into the industry. Our prestigious MBA programme is offered with specialisations in Business Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and Operations.
BMU School of Management has been ranked 37th nationally among all management institutions in NIRF 2020. We have been recognized as one of the Best Education Brands by ET Edge and are also the recipient of QS I-GAUGE E-LEAD certification for Academic digitisation in 2020 among many other accolades.
Jindal Global Business School is the leading Business School in India renowned for premier education in business management with transformation being our overall aim
JGBS offers a multidisciplinary global business education to foster academic excellence through industry partnerships and global collaborations. JGBS seeks to make an impact through its various degree programmes, executive education, research and consulting. It promotes global courses and curriculum, global research and collaborations, and global programmes and interaction through a global faculty.
ISBR is one of the most credible and successful educational institutions in the country and it owes its success to every single individual who has been a part of this institution with International Education Standard. It is one of the finest Management institutions in the country where students are not only educated by one of the finest faculties but are also taught how to be better individuals. The teaching staff of ISBR is constantly evolving through educational growth and disperse the innovative and new ideas back into the classroom. In ISBR, students are taught to see the bigger picture which goes beyond examinations and grades.
The ISBR campuses are brimming with opportunities for the students to learn, grow and achieve. The students are exposed to a perfect blend of academics, extracurricular activities and leisure activities, making life at ISBR extraordinary.
Passing out from ISBR assures good career prospects which can be seen for the Institute’s placement history. Companies like JP Morgan, Airtel, Aditya Birla Capital, American Express, Accenture, Amazon etc have visited the campuses in the past on quite a few occasions to hire potential employees who can bring value to their organisation. ISBR also offers internship opportunities to its students to prepare them for the future with companies like Ashok Leyland, Ambuja Cements, COAL India, BHEL and many more.
Xavier School of Human Resource Management
XIMB has offered a functional specialisation in HRM in the PGDM program. A full-fledged 2-year PGDM-HRM program was launched in 2011. This is now offered as MBA-HRM, the flagship program of the School of HRM.
At Xavier School of Human Resource Management the focus is on grooming highly effective and competent human resource professionals with a holistic understanding of business, society and government. We empower our students with the knowledge, skills, and long-term vision that lead to innovation, service to society and growth. We groomvisionary, competent, committed, compassionate and value-based business leaders.
The School of Rural Management of Xavier University
The School of Rural Management of Xavier University, Bhubaneswar has emerged from the successful trajectory of the RM program since the latter’s inception in 1995 within XIMB. School of Rural Management is currently a part of the Faculty of Management (FoM) within Xavier University. School of Rural Management is dedicated to developing committed professionals with the contextual understandings, specialized management knowledge and skills necessary to address the unique challenges faced by the organizations engaged in the rural development of India.
The School focuses on nurturing reflective professionals and enlightened knowledge leaders who would enable the effective management of rural institutions, businesses, development programs and civil society organizations, engaged in progressive economic development and social transformation work.
Amity University, Noida
Established by an Act of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh, Amity University, Noida stepped into the world of higher education in 2005. This private institution is a not-for-profit university with the gold standard of accreditations, globally. It is recognised by WASC (Senior College and University Commission, USA), UGC (University Grant Commission), MHRD, Ministry of Science Technology, Distance Education Council, Bar Council of India, NCTE, Council of Architecture, United Nations Listing, IET, CHEA International Quality Group and UGC. Amity University, Noida is approved by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education), accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with ‘A+’ Grade, an active member of AIU (Association of Indian Universities) and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Thapar School of Management, Mohali
LM Thapar School of Management (LMTSM) is a leading institute located in Patiala, Punjab. The institute was established in 2007 under the flagship of the Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. The school of management is led by Dr. Padmakumar Nair, formerly worked as Clinical Professor and Academic Director at The Leadership Center, SOM, University of Texas, Dallas.
LMTSM is a member of the prestigious accreditation body-AACSB. It is ranked as one of the leading and upcoming business schools in North India. The institute has been ranked by various brands, for, example, LMTSM has been ranked 1st in Global Sensitivity and 13th amongst Top business schools by the Higher Education Review 2015. According to the India B-School survey 2016, LMTSM has been ranked as 21st amongst Top business schools. LMTSM is ranked in Top 3% of B-Schools in India as per NIRF rankings 2017 by MHRD, Govt. of India and amongst the top 50 Business schools in India by India Today. As per U-Multirank ranking, LMTSM ranks in the top 15 Higher Education Institutes in India.
Woxsen School of Business Management
Woxsen School of Business is a prominent private B-School located in Hyderabad. The school was established in 2013 by Praveen Paul who is an education entrepreneur. The main philosophy behind establishing this school is to nurture the innovative spirit in students and to develop future entrepreneurs. The students at WSB, Hyderabad are given real-life exposure through multiple industry interface initiatives so that they are able to take up challenging assignments early in their careers.
WSB, Hyderabad is a member of the AMBA Development Network(ADN)which is committed to delivering quality in postgraduate management education. The courses of this B-School are approved by the AICTE, Government of India. In a very short span of 4 years, the school has achieved a position in the top 30 business schools of Asia by, Asia Inc. 500 which is a Singapore based agency that tracks the performance of business schools across Asia.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) University, Dehradun is a UGC recognised institution. Situated in the beautiful and calm location of Dehradun, the institution spreads across 44 acres of lush green environment. It was established in the year 2003 with a motive to provide education in the fields of petroleum, engineering, data science, computer science, gaming, and graphics. The institution has left its mark on the students by providing a level of education that every aspiring youth would look forward to. UPES empowers students to pursue their desired dreams following the correct path as shown by the institution.
Admissions at UPES are done through two categories – Exam pathway and non-exam pathway. For exam pathway, admissions are done through the entrance exams conducted by UPES while for the non-exam pathway, admission is done on the basis of merit or score in the national entrance exams. B. Tech and B.Tech LLB (Hons) admission is done through UPESEAT. Candidates can also apply for B.Tech on the basis of their JEE Main score. For B.Des and M.Des admissions, UPES DAT is conducted but those who have appeared for NATA/UCEED/CEED or JEE Main can also apply. BA admission is done on the basis of counselling interview. BBA admission is done on the basis of GD and interview. Integrated LLB admissions ate done through ULSAT.
Mody University, Sikar
Mody University, located in Sikar district of Rajasthan was founded by Shri R P Mody in the year 2004. With an aim to help women achieve their career perspectives this private university encourages them to study and ensures that they are provided with all the facilities and help. With a visionary goal of improving the psychological and social conditions of women in the surrounding, the institution promotes women to flourish with the course curriculum and develop a personality which is ready to face the world. One of the top Women’s institutions in India, Mody University focuses on teaching students about the enrichment of the Indian culture and its traditions.
Chitkara University is situated in Patiala in Punjab state of India. Established in 2002, it is accredited from AICTE, NAAC and it is affiliated to Chitkara University. CU, Patiala, Patiala offers 124 courses across 16 streams namely Management, Commerce and Banking, Pharmacy, Paramedical, Engineering, IT, Education, Physical Education, Media and Mass Communication, Nursing, Hotel Management, Performing Arts, Design, Medical, Science, Arts and across 26 degrees like MBA, B.Ed, BSc, B.Tech, B.Des. CU, Patiala campus is spread over 50 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as Boys Hostel, Canteen, Computer Lab, Girls Hostel, Library, Cls. Room, Placement, Sports are also there. b’Chitkara University’ accepts Common Admission Test for admission into Management courses
More About NMAT Exam
- Candidates have the opportunity to choose 5 college/institute while filling the application form to send their NMAT scores.
- NMAT Exam Pattern consists of 108 multiple choice questions to be attempted in 2 hours. A limited amount of time will be allotted for attempting each section.
- The question paper will comprise questions from Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. There will be 3 marks for each correct response without any negative marking.
- NMAT by GMAC has released a list of more than 35 Business schools accepting NMAT Scores. After the declaration of result in the first week of January institutes will release NMAT Cutoff individually.
Aspirant Friendly Exam
- NMAT is considered to be the most aspirant friendly than any other national level MBA entrance exam in the country.
- The reason behind this status is the liberty to reschedule and retake NMAT by GMAC 2020.
- Also, it allows the test takers to choose the schools/ programs they want to send their scores to before or after taking the exam.
Also read: NMAT vs CAT
Option to Retake NMAT
- Test takers have an option of appearing more than once.
- This means a candidate will have up to three maximum attempts, including ‘no shows’.
- With this option, test takers will be provided an opportunity to improve their NMAT Scores.
- In case, you want to retake the exam, then the test date will be allocated approximately 15 days later.
Rescheduling of Exam Date
- An option to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time or test center is also provided.
- The change can be made as per the availability.
- A stipulated fee of INR 1100 (excluding applicable taxes) must be made via credit card only.
75 days’ Exam window
- The long test window provides the test takers with the convenience of choosing an appropriate exam date for NMAT 2020.
- Information about the availability of the seats at various NMAT by GMAC test centers will be mentioned with each of the slots.
- The longer window also provides an opportunity to retake the test in case they feel that their performance was impaired on the test day for any reason or if they feel they can improve their performance in a retake attempt.
Also read: NMAT vs CET
7 Programs inclusive in Registration Fee
- NMAT by GMAC offers to send candidates’ scores up to 7 programs available from the combination, within the registration fee.
- The programs can be chosen before or after the scheduled appointment.
- Candidates will have to pay the requisite amount of fee if they wish to send their scores to other programs as well.
Equated NMAT Results
- NMAT scores will be declared in a span of 4-5 weeks from the test delivery.
- These shall be equated to bring about parity and fairness and will keep test-takers informed in a timely manner.
Also read: NMAT CDPI Experiences
NMAT Eligibility Criteria:
NMAT exam eligibility criteria are released by the entrance conducting authority i.e GMAC. Candidates will have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the entrance. It is to be noted that any change in the eligibility criteria of NMAT can only be made by the examination conducting authority. To know about the recent updates related to the NMAT eligibility criteria, candidates should visit the official NMAT website.
NMAT Selection Process:
The candidates deserving to take admissions in the various MBA courses offered by the top MBA institutes accepting NMAT scores are sorted on the basis of the selection process. The process of selection is conducted by the examination conducting authority.
The sections that are in this exam:
Use of Idioms
Corrections of grammatical errors
Fill in the blanks
Usage of Parts of speech, Tenses, Conditional
Reading Comprehension Passages
Syntax of Vocabulary Usages
Sentence Correction and usage
2.Quantitative skills and Data interpretation
Permutations and Combinations
Mixture & Solution/ Allegations
- Critical Reasoning
- Course of Action
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Tree